.300WM Bighorn Arms/ Rocky Mtn. Rifle Works

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by pipewhiner, May 26, 2011.

1. pipewhiner

pipewhiner Member

I just received my new rifle from AJ and Mark. This is the first rifle built with Bighorn's new long action. It's everything you've come to expect from the short action version.
    Specs:
    Bighorn long action/magnum bolt face
    Bighorn 20 MOA rail
    Mark Chanlynn 26" 1:10" twist med palma contour barrel throated for the 208 A-max
    Surgeon bottom metal/ AI mag
    timney trigger
    Nightforce 5.5-22x50 NP-R2 reticle with NF rings
    Mcmillan A5

I'd like to thank Mark and AJ for the quick turnaround on this custom project. I found a sweet spot at 76 grains of H1000 and will play around some more from there. Looks to be a great 1/4-1/2 MOA rifle. She's still in the white. but I had to take it to the range to play around. I'll be coating it next week.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  2. jcoop

jcoop Well-Known Member

Looks great! I called them last year and they were not really sure if they were going to make a long acton. I may need to have one now. I love the floating bolt head.

3. pipewhiner

pipewhiner Member

I'm glad I waited....although not nearly as long as some customs run, basically 4 months from the first time I talked to AJ to completed rifle

4. pipewhiner

pipewhiner Member

redid the picture links so that the pictures actually show up in the post. I'll post more once she's coated this week.

5. jimmym40a2

jimmym40a2 Well-Known Member

Mark is one of the best smiths and barrel makers in the country. As Walt Berger says "Mark is one of the best kept secrets in the industry." He doesn't advertise and doesn't need to.Congrats on your rig.

6. pipewhiner

pipewhiner Member

Just added pictures post coating. I used the OD green on the bolt knob, shroud, mag release, action screws etc. and threw on an Atlas bipod and rail. I think it turned out alright...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]