.300WM and RL19

sakofan

OK...Going to give RL19 anougher try. I got a bunch of it, and need to burn it up.

Anybody got a secret recipe for this powder?Would like to use 180-190gr. SMK's and Hornady Match bullets. TIA..sakofan......
grin.gif

The couple times I tried R-19 in several of my 300mags I found that they all liked the lighter loads 67-70gr with 190gr bullets , this only gave velocity in the mid 2800fps range. In all of my guns I got bigger groups as the powder increased , even after going down to a standard rifle primer.

R-22 on the other hand worked great in all my guns and seemes to shoot better the hotter you get it.

sakofan I am also using 190 SMK. I am using a savage 112bvss in 300win. Am very interested in your findings for accurate load for 300win. Please let me know how things go, hope to get me press up and running real soon.

JB, I would try H1000,IMR7828, and maybe even RL25. I have not had NEAR the success with RL25 and a .300 Win. mag, like I did my .300RUM, but some have. H1000 will set you free!!..sakofan...

Iam just trying to burn up some RL19, and cant seem to find the groove for this stuff.
frown.gif

sakofan, I've heard several people say to try the R-22. Enough that I think it will be my first test powder.

do a ladder test to see if you can find a sweet spot for that powder with that weight projectile then you will know if it is any good :rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.