300rum

George LS

need load for a new 300rum sendero with 208 Amax .would like to use retumbo.or if you have a better choice. want to stay with 208 hornady ..george

This past weekend, I tried the 208 Amax and I started with 89 grs. of Retumbo, went to 90 grs and at 100yds shot a 3/4 in. group at 2950 fps. Went up to 92 grs. (battery went dead in chrono) and shot a 3 shot group that I covered with a dime. I haven't had a chance to shoot it through the chrono and test it at longer ranges, but I think it will be better than the 210 Bergers in my gun. My rifle will shoot a 6 inch group at 800 yards with the Bergers and I am now hoping that the 208's do as well or better. But to answer your question, I am at 92 grains of Retumbo with the Amax's and no signs of pressure, but I don't see me changing much if these groups hold up. Oh and for what it's worth, I seated them out to 3.680 (just shy of magazine max length). Good luck... and I would like to know the velocity you get out of the Amax's.

This past weekend, I tried the 208 Amax and I started with 89 grs. of Retumbo, went to 90 grs and at 100yds shot a 3/4 in. group at 2950 fps. Went up to 92 grs. (battery went dead in chrono) and shot a 3 shot group that I covered with a dime. I haven't had a chance to shoot it through the chrono and test it at longer ranges, but I think it will be better than the 210 Bergers in my gun. My rifle will shoot a 6 inch group at 800 yards with the Bergers and I am now hoping that the 208's do as well or better. But to answer your question, I am at 92 grains of Retumbo with the Amax's and no signs of pressure, but I don't see me changing much if these groups hold up. Oh and for what it's worth, I seated them out to 3.680 (just shy of magazine max length). Good luck... and I would like to know the velocity you get out of the Amax's.

Are you using rem brass or Nosler ? I have both. Tnanks for info. Joe

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.