300RUM 4 yr Project

Discussion in 'Gun Photos' started by bugthor, Sep 24, 2008.

1. bugthor

bugthor Well-Known Member

Here is my 300RUM project. Started out as my factory BDL elk gun. Now has a Lex Weberneck Slim Break, tactical bolt job, Badger ord knob, thumbhole stock that I finished, picatinny rail, Warne rings and a Burris 3.5x10x50 Ballistic plex reticle. I've been happy loading 180gr Nosler on top of IMR 4878. Not as nice some others you guys have posted, but a little different than the usual.

THX,
    MC2

[​IMG]

2. Eaglet

Eaglet Well-Known Member

bugthor,

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, that said, it sure is a beauty to me. Second I saw the pic I liked it a lot! Congratulations!

3. trebark

trebark Well-Known Member

That's a good lookin' rig. Is that a factory action, barrel and trigger? How does it shoot?

4. gamedog

gamedog Well-Known Member

Sharp rig!!
    How do you like your scope up that high?

5. RugerM77.270

RugerM77.270 Well-Known Member

I have been reading this forum for months now and never had a desire to register until I saw your rifle. It is a thing of beauty and four years well spent.

6. kfrye

kfrye Well-Known Member

I like the looks of that a lot. Kind of like a 10/22 out of control. Where did you get the stock?

7. bugthor

Yes, Sir, Factory action, barrel, and trigger. With my reloads I can make all 3 holes touch at 100 yds at 86.6 gn.

8. bugthor

Sorry I still learning the reply thing.
    1. Thanks for nice comments
    2. Game dog: the scope lines up perfectly with the raised cheek piece, so when I throw my hog jowl up there **poof** reticle is in full view.
    3. Kfrye: Stock is a Richard Microfit. Came 99% inleted, but if it was 99% I hate to see 95%. I spend a lot of nights sanding and sucking in blue dust. Well worth the wait of 3 months to get the stock though. I also have a 10/22 that has the same style of stock. They could be twin or rather brothers..
    Also I don't want to mislead anyone it has been off and on for 4 years. I'd see something on here or there and add it on.
    Thanks for the nice comments.
    Mark

9. AJ Peacock

AJ Peacock Well-Known Member

Nice rig, you will enjoy it. And it's in a great caliber. I look forward to some pictures with it resting on some game animals!

AJ