.300RUM 200grn. AB H-1000

justgoharder

So i've spent the last hour searching this site and the internet looking for some specific info on this load. so far i haven't had much luck...
does anyone have some info on a load for this?
i had been loading up 180gr AB and had some good luck but i have no idea what the max load would be with this heavier bullet? so any info would be great! thanks in advance!

oh and if you could include as much as you have such as OAL etc.

THANKS!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pet Load: 200 grain AB over 92.0 grains of H-1000. Remington brass and Fed mag primers (215? I think). OAL varies for each rifle, but should be just off the lands. In 27" Lilja barrel, produces 3,120 fps.

Be EXTREMELY CAREFUL with the info from the Accuratereloading site. The loads there are extremely hot for most guns. I think some people will come forth with more good loads for you. AND you can go to any of the powder manuafacturers websites by doing a google search and get info right on the money for the bullet wt you select.

I'm the friend Dave's talking about.

My load for the 200 grain Accubond is 90.5 gr Retumbo, 215's, Rem brass, 3.660, at 3225 fps out of a 28" 10 twist bbl. I ran it up to 95.0 gr but found the accuracy at 90.5. .3's at 100, 1.0" at 300, and 3" at 500. Not bad for the Accubond.

Joel Russo,
A reason why we have to start loads carefully and increase them slowly.
With both of my factory Remingtons, LSS and Sendero, 97.0 Gr. of Retumbo with AB 200 gr. give me 3215 and 3229 respectively, using the same brass and primers. That's 26" barrel. I would think you have a tighter chamber.

Eaglet

You're absolutely correct. I have three factory rifles chambered for the 300 RUM which will take a bit more powder until they max out compared to this one. With this one I can push the 178 A-Max close to 3500 fps and still be under the published max load. With exceptional accuracy.
I don't do load development in search of speed, I do it in search of accuracy. That's why we have those elevation turrets on our scopes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Try some A8700, I use 103gr 215 primer with 3.69 o.a.l. makes one ragged hole at 200yds. this is plenty hot in my rifle! start low and work up.I agree with some of the others speed is not that crucial and accuracy is where you find it...

[ QUOTE ]
I don't do load development in search of speed, I do it in search of accuracy. That's why we have those elevation turrets on our scopes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, though you voiced you wanted speed when you chose a 300 RUM. It would not make sence to me shooting a 300 RUM at 300 Winch. Mag speeds. Regardless of how many turrets you have. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
IMO, accuracy is better than speed, BUT, if my speed with a 300 RUM, 200 gr AB, is in the range of a 300 Winch. Mag with the same bullet, then I feel cheated and would never be happy regarles of the accuracy. Do you feel the same way?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] "Agreed, though you voiced you wanted speed when you chose a 300 RUM."

I never said I wanted speed, and even my slowest (fps) accuracy load out of my RUM with any given bullet is faster than any accuracy load out of my 300 WM. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If that were not the case, then I would agree with you and feel slighted for using such an inefficient cartridge.

[ QUOTE ]
I borrowed this data from the accuratereloading web site:

200 SIERRA MK - H1000

88.0 3024

89.5 3120

91.0 3153

92.5 3193

94.0 3277

95.5 3306

[/ QUOTE ]
200 gr at 3300 fps? Holy nuts! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

When they posted the data I questioned them. The fellow who runs that site is very knowledgeable and has huge bucks for buying and playing with what ever he wants. Anyhow, he said that in that particular gun they were not seeing any pressure signs. These big heavy cases are kind of scary. Same with my 30-378....things seem fine and then with a little fouling......bang.....stuck bolts etc. Reloading these calibers is NOT for the inexperienced.....a 30-30 they are NOT. Pop you helped me early on with my friends 300 rum.....your experience and data was "on the nuts"....thanks for your help. All I can say to others is.....be darn careful with what you see and read when it comes the these big boys. Thanks Kraky

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.