300 yard range(WIND) test with 257 AM

i guess i've already said i thought a dakota was too much,let's see,a lapua case,excuse me,an improved lapua case with a 24" 7mm barrel.yeah, that would work better. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif isn't the dakota a bit big for a rem action? the bolt face i mean.i assumed the rim was just too big for a rem bolt.i guess if it's a long action then i vote for the good ole 7 rem mag.

Fiftydriver thanks for the pic and info, I thought my .25-06 AI was running them hot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Nice looking rifle BTW, keep it up.

skip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kirby,

Thanks for the info on the 7mm Mag IMP. I think I'm going to stick with the good old 7 Rem. The 7AM OR STW would be nice but I would need to move up to a longer BBL witch I don't want to do because it would be impractical for what I want to use the rifle for that being a light, fast handling , mountain rifle to use in thick woods.

Dave,

I though about the WSM but it would be a total waste of a perfect long action receiver.

I really don't need a bigger case then the 7 mag case for this rifle. When i need more bang i grab my 300RUM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

A little more info:
The 7mm Dakota brass is made by Norma currently. They are seriously looking into Lapua making their brass, but that won't realistically become available until late in 06 (if at all).
Lapua brass just makes this round even more interesting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts