300 WSM reloading

Falconry

I have I Browning A-Bolt SS (no Boss) that I've been reloading with 64.4 grains of H414 and 165 grain bullets. I've had decent results with the Barnes TSXs and am going to try out the Hornadys because of the costs (about half the Barnes). I was just wondering if anyone has other loads that work well. I do have some IMR 4350 that I will be trying soon. I was thinking I might go up to 180 projoes but I like the idea of same bullets for my 30-06 and the 300 (300 was a gift,can't complain!). It does shoot well,4 bullet 1" or less groups at 100 yards are the norm even with the Barnes, and I haven't room to grouse. I was just interested if there are similar results or maybe I can tweek a little more.

I load for three 300WSM rifles and have found Ramshot Hunter to the the preferred powder in all three. Excellent accuracy and velocity with both the 165 and 180gr bullets.

every rifle will have a slighly different appatite, so take any information with a grain of salt.

I didn't have any luck w/ 165 gr bullets but I did have luck w/ 180 NAB's and H4350 and CCI BR2's

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.