300 WSM - Powder

Bone

I have just bought a Nesika 300WSM with a 26" barrel, I have had the rifle built to shoot 185 grain Berger VLD bullets and was wondering if anybody could recommend which powder to use for the best results. I have been told on other forums that Reloader 22 is a good choice. Any comments would be great help.
Thanks

Bone,
I have, in the past, loaded the 165gr Nosler Ballistic Tip for a hunting buddy. His Browning A-bolt in .300WSM liked 69.0gr of RL22 sparked by the Rem 9.5M primer. That little rifle kicked the dog $#!^ outta me everytime I squeezed the trigger. This load ran .5". He was very pleased with this accuracy and I was more than happy to give him the rifle back! Johnny K.

Johnny K
Thanks for that, .5 groups sounds good. I am not that concerned about the recoil all though she has got a little bit of bite.

I agree try mag-pro. I won't shoot any reloader powder after some real problems with lot to lot problems. I have found just about anything that worked with RL22 works better with 7828 ssc and little more speed to boot. I know 7828 ssc works great in 7 wsms.

Thanks guys for your replies
I will have a look at magpro and give it a try
Who manufactures the other powder which was mentioned (7828ssc)?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.