• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

300 WSM barreled action project for sale stainless/Timney

the444shooter

06B837DC-3BD5-476E-9C9C-2650A7E5C870.jpeg
1EA2600D-1B80-4E41-B1E7-27342D0EDCDE.jpeg
I bought a Winchester 70 Extreme Weather in 300wsm and I can't get it to shoot. Selling the action with bottom metal and Timney trigger; you just happen to get the barrel, and Leupold dual dovetail mounts too. If you can get it to shoot, then huzzah for you! Barrel has been threaded 1/2x32, and will come with muzzle brake and thread protector.
$600 OBO.

I can't get it to shoot consistently. I'll stack a couple together, and then there will be a flyer anywhere from 2"-4" horizontally. The best groups I've gotten out of it have been with Hornady Outfitter and Federal Trophy Bonded Tip. They'll go 3 or 4 shots in an inch, and then a flyer a few inches off the group. I took off the muzzle brake and looked at the barrel, and it appears they used dull tooling, as there are chatter marks. I don't know if that's the culprit, or if stock needs more bedding. It was bedded behind the recoil lug, in a Bell and Carlson stock with an aluminum bedding block. That's why it's on the chopping block as an action. I'm tired of messing with it, and throwing money at ammo it *might* like.

View attachment 157908 View attachment 157909 I bought a Winchester 70 Extreme Weather in 300wsm and I can't get it to shoot. Selling the action with bottom metal and Timney trigger; you just happen to get the barrel, and Leupold dual dovetail mounts too. If you can get it to shoot, then huzzah for you! Barrel has been threaded 1/2x32, and will come with muzzle brake and thread protector.
$600 OBO.
Did you buy this new? i just read that these rifles are reall pickey about ammo. Did you try any hand loads? and does this come with the stock? thanks Bob.

Sorry, forgot to expire this ad. Gun is now at a gunsmith getting worked on. Will advise if I decide to part it out after it's back.