300 wm / SSRNZ

Dr Watson

Hey fellas here is my current build from Scott at SSR NZ :)

I sold my ar15 recently as I have finished the majority of a culling operation, with the only goats left getting very wise to my antics and making sure They have at least 500 yards between us at all times.
I shot them out to 420m efficiently with the AR but any further and the little 223 looses grunt.

So I'm building a long range rig it's coming along well with scott from SSRNZ taking care of pretty much everything.

The guts of it are:

Remington 700 long action syn (originally 7mm rem mag) rechambered to 300 win mag

New trueflite ultra Match 28" s/s heavy barrel

XLR evolution chassis with tactical butt ,adjustable lop and rise

Fluted barrel

Worked trigger /1.5-2lb

Accuracy international drop mag set (5 shot single stack)

Sightron sIII 8-32x56 Moa2

Shultz & Larsen magnum suppressor.

And a whole lot of other associated bits and bobs...

2a5dd19b.jpg

I picked up the rifle from Scott and much like everything else they have done for me in the past it didn't disappoint.
I will fit the rail, rings and scope up tomorrow, but I thought I'd throw up some pics as it is for now.

9cdd7c41.jpg

5a103d89.jpg

Those goats are going to be in for a surprise! I like the look of the XLR chassis but the weight puts me off. Shouldn't be much in the way of recoil though. What projectile did you have in mind?

Stu.

I'm starting at the 208 gr A max and a few other similar offerings and going from there...
Just realized I'm out of magnum primers !!!

Fizza....

3104fc02.jpg

First group after getting it on the paper, here using the 208 gr Amax

9aa37d5f.jpg

I'm really happy as this was to be the first of a number of very promising groups.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.