300 WM Rifle Recommendations

Like Mudrunner, I also own a Remington 700 MilSpec 300WM and couple 308's, which I have been shooting in competition and LR hunting since they were made available to the public. The barrels are superb being typically sub .5MOA, hold accuracy for 200+ rounds, and clean easily. Fit and finish is generally better then the catalogued 700's. While I just tuned the older triggers, I replace the current Mark X with a Timney.

A couple of my buddies just bought the Cooper LR. They are exceptionally nice and well worth checking out. Superbly accurate, nicely featured, and well balanced. My go-to LR rifle for the past seven seasons is a Cooper 520 in 6.5x284 that was set up with an optional fluted, heavy sporter, Wilson Match barrel(Wilson Barrel owns Cooper Arms) with Cerrakote finish on all metal........ similar to the current LR model. The new Cooper LR has nice nice upgrades with a nicer Timney trigger, and a more ergonomic, tactical style bolt handle. With about 1000 shots fired, my Cooper still holds .25-.5MOA at 500 yards, and has accounted for dozens of deer, antelope, and coyotes out to 1200 yards. I don't think I have had to re-zero in a few years. The barrel shows no signs of throat erosion or heat damage. If the barrel ever gives up the ghost, Cooper will replace it FOC, shipping only.

Attachments

• IMG_0528.JPG
    IMG_0528.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 91
I've been very happy with my Browning X-Bolt Stainless Stalker. It is accurate, relatively light and has a decent trigger. Not my favorite rifle to shoot off the bench but it has served me well.

Ive been browsing for a 300 WM rifle primarily for hunting but also the occasional target shooting as well. Doing some research I was turned on to Cooper and the Sako 85. I was looking at the Sako 85 Long Range. But Im wondering if im in the 2k rifle bracket if there are any other brands to be looking into?
Tikka T3x

You don't need to spend anywhere close to 2k for a rifle. All kinds of rifles more than capable for well under 1k. Just get a basic Savage Browning, Ruger, Remington and a 5-700 scope and do everything you want.