.300 win mag oal question

Do those shoot well from your rifle with that jump?

Surprisingly, yes. 73.5 grains of RL-25 as a starting point, I have shot the following seating depths: +.005 (engrave), -.005 (jump) all the way out to -.095 I've got sweet spots at .015 and .085, but .085 seems to be more stable group after group.

This group was from this morning with a variable 6-9mph crosswind right to left. Tomorrow morning I'm going to see if I can tune in the powder charge and see where I get pressure signs. At 73.5 grains I'm right around 2,830 fps and no pressure signs.

Attachments

• 300wm.jpg
    300wm.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 144
That's good to hear. I was ready to write the bergers off if I couldn't seat the bullets pretty close to the lands. Nice group.

Also, I noticed you are in colorado, where are you shooting at right now. I know of some places in the mountains, but haven't found enough places down at lower elevations to shoot out past 100 yards.

Also, I noticed you are in colorado, where are you shooting at right now. I know of some places in the mountains, but haven't found enough places down at lower elevations to shoot out past 100 yards.

I live in Littleton and my range only reaches out to 300. For anything longer I head up into the mountains. That's the tough part about living so close to Denver. Not many places to shoot long nearby.

And I did confirm the .085 jump sweet spot this morning. Shot .340" and .360" 3-shot groups this morning at 73.5 and 74.0 grains, respectively, of RL-25.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.