.300 Win Mag brass?

I concur with the other Nosler fans, that Nosler custom is already presorted for wt, uniformity & deburred. The necks may already be turned too but don't quote me on that 1.

Don't know about the Nosler as I have never tried it.

But I was able to find some USED Lapua 300 win brass. I just loaded 10 up to test the charge and all ten the primers went in with the same tension, the bullets all felt the same going in and the worst one of the 10 had just over .001" run out, the rest were all under .001" I sure like Lapua brass.:)

Jeff

Last edited:
Nosler brass in 300 win mag is very hit and miss. Reference this thread

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f28/nosler-300-win-mag-brass-very-unimpressed-33899/

I got a box that had some case head anomalies

DSCN0892.jpg

DSCN0894.jpg

and after contacting Nosler they sent me another box. That box had variances in neck thickness from .009" to .017", and that was on one case!!! All of them had a very thick side and a very thin side.

I have the box ready to send back to Nosler but I am giving them an opportunity to fix their QC issues with the 300 win mag brass first.

That being said, I just bought a box of 30-06 Nosler brass that was just fine and the neck thickness varied from .013" to .014". Buy the box and load them right up, no prep. I also use Nosler for my 280AI and it has been very good.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.