300 Win, 210 Bergers and an 11 Twist??

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Broz, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Lookin for first hand info on this combo. I am on the fence in whether to go 10 or 11 twist with my new 300 WIN build with 210 Bergers being used. My goal is a hunting rifle that will hold small consistant groups at 1000. Velocity will be n the 2900 range.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jeff

2. Chopaka81

Chopaka81 Well-Known Member

I am successfully using a 1:12 3 grove bbl for Hornady 208gr AMAX in the 300 RUM. However, I do wish I had gone with s a 1:9 twist now that it is all said and done...

3. Moman

Moman Well-Known Member

Broz, no first hand info but I had the same dilema. I went with a Broughton 11 twist after checking the Berger web site and talking to Tim North at Broughton. Really though, I just wanted the option to jump up to that, for the most part I plan on using either 180 or 200 Accubonds.

4. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Well after thinking it over and talking with Bryan from Berger I decided to go with a 10 twist. If I ever decide to shoot at targets out to where the speed is approaching subsonic range the 10 twist may help keep it stable. Plus I may want to try a bit bigger bullet if some are produced in years to come. I was k
    lucky enough to locate a 29" HV #17 Kreiger 10 twist on the shelf for a great price. It will be here in 3 or 4 days!! :):) gun)

Thanks for the replys.

Jeff

5. BryanLitz

BryanLitz <b>Official LRH Sponsor</b>

Jeff,
    Good talking to you today. Glad to hear you found a barrel!
    Good luck with the build,
    -Bryan

6. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Thanks again Bryan, I enjoyed talking to you as well. And a BIG Thanks for pointing me towards the barrel!!

Jeff