300 weatherby

jake00

dose anyone know just how good a 300 weatherby accumark is, as far as long range shooting was thinking about getting one just wanted to see what u guys thought first thanks jake

My 300 Weatherby Accumark has taken a cow elk at 600 yards that is as far as i have had to shoot so far Was with 180 Grain Nosler Partition flat base bullet. My Weatherby does not like boat tail bullets. I also have one in 25-06 and have taken antelope at 500 yards. Quality gun in my opinion.

Last edited:
The 300 wby is my favorite 30 cal, an accumark is nice but the weatherby is at its best handloaded with .060-.085" of freebore in a custom barrel, imo .360" freebore in weatherby rifles is useless. Buy a savage 111 or remington 700 sps and have a custom barrel installed, it cost about the same. Some weatherbys shoot boattail bullets just fine but some will not group the best with boattails and it is because of the excessive freebore, but if you use quality high bc flat base bullets they will outshoot boattail bullets in 99.5% of all rifles, the Ibs 1k world record is now held with a 187 grn handpulled flat base vld from a improved 300wby case.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.