300 WBY Recipes

In the newer 300Wby I have I load 168gr Match Kings over 84grs of IMR-4350 and seat the bullet out to where thier is only .33" of total bullet in the case neck and their still not close to the lands. Accuracy is good and seemed to get better as the pressure went up but this load was starting to flaten primers so I stopped their = 3352fps Average
(NOTE: this load is 5gr above list max in Nosler #5 book)

I get better accuracy with the 178gr A-max seated over 86gr of IMR-7828 (again above max) and the bullet seated out to .05" off the lands. this is the most accurate load in this gun and has awsome on target performance the velocity is just over 3300fps and this load is hot in this gun alowing only 4 reloads per Winchester fire formed brass.

Note : both of these loads are well above listed max in any reloading manual so start 5grs below and work you way up taking note of pressure

Oh I forgot to mention that the later 178gr load uses moly coated bullets and all load testing was done at around 60 deg F

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.