300 vs 338 rum brass

D.ID

I was reading the rum vs edge thread and had commented on 300 rum brass being easier to acquire and there was some disagreement. So........I am curious if it is a local phenomenon? As five out of six of my local shops carry the 300 rum brass and only one carries 338 rum and in very small quantity ........is that backwards compared to your area? It was the deciding factor in my recently rechambered savage. NO regrets just curious.

It seems to be the theme, even when shopping online. It's a shame, as the 338 RUM is a fine cartridge. Luckily, I have an extra 100 pieces squirreled away for when my current 100 pieces wear out.

It's not just local, I have had the same experience as you guys, wether I look online, a different town or a different state it all the same, very little to NO 338 RUM brass, I was very worried for a while. Then a small miracle happened when Nosler announced they will be offering the 338 RUM this month (march).

We are saved!!! lol​

The difficulty finding .338 RUM brass is common. My friends include .300 RUM, and .338 "Edge" shooters and they rarely/never have issues finding brass. I think about changing my .338 RUM to the"EDGE" fairly often. Just got off the phone with Cabelas, and the Nosler brass I backordered with a March 1 delivery date is now March 25. I'll believe it when if it arrives.

Just got off the phone with Cabelas said:
Well thanks for raining on my parade! Lol I don't know why it's on backorder but I'm pretty confident it will arrive (whenever that may be is a completely different story).

Thank the lord I have a good bit of it stashed.

I called Nosler when I saw it first advertised, and asked if it was even in production. I've had better luck getting a straight answer about taxes from the IRS. I suspect it's not made yet, and the first run will be sucked up by backorders. Sorry about the parade. We can hope! Good Luck all we can do is look and laugh.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts