• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 300 Varminter Barrel Life

wildcat

I got the official word today. Richard informed me the average barrel life, for the 300 Varminter, is around 1500 rounds. Not bad for a rifle that will be pushing a 125grn BT at 4000fps.

W.

This is the want ads section!

But I will give you credit for at least not posting it up in the hunting section like everybody else does. I refuse to post a hunting story in the hunting story section because it is just trashed up with non hunting stuff. Much better to post the hunting stories in the beginner section because the few people who post there are usually asking better questions than what you find in the hunting story section.

Last edited:
Wow! that's pretty good. I was expecting around 1000 rounds with that type of set up. 1500 Rounds is much better. Did Richard say what type of groups he's getting at the longer ranges with the 110grn V-Max and 125grn BT?

P44

Sorry, put this on the wrong forum.

P44, the groups are pretty impressive. Richard said while doing testing at 700 yards, a five shot group with the 110grn V-Max, measured 3" and a five shot group with the 125grn BT's measured 2.5". That is awesome.

W.

wow with groups like that I don't see why anybody in F-class isin't shooting them , those are winning size groups for F-class from what I've seen and heard at 600yds

James,

When you get your 6x47 up and running you should see some real groups:) Doublegobble from this forum came to my house today to get ready for tomorrow's f-class match in donaldsonville. I am letting him shot my old 6x47 with nearly 2300 rounds down the tube. Doublegobble shot a 3 shot 600 yard group that measured .890 today with a shot out barrel. His first group from a clean barrel was about 2 inches with 2 almost touching and one about 2 inches low. The next 3 clustered into the little group. I made him take a cell phone pic of the group maybe he will post it here if he reads this. That is at least the 10th sub 1 inch group 600 yard group from this gun. (Only one of those was a 5 shot group the rest were 3shots.) I am a little worried I am going to get beat by my own gun again...I am hoping for some wind:)