300 SAUM

rost495

I can't get the search engine to work.

Anyone have any data on the 300 Rem SAUM round in a normal 24 inch tube?

IE is it 300 Win mag or better capable?

THanks, Jeff

it is less capable than the 300win.mag and is also slightly less capabable than the 300wsm.-and if im not mistaken nosler has data on their site as well as hodgdon.my-2-dave

[ 11-05-2004: Message edited by: 6brguy ]

http://www.hodgdon.com/data/rifle/300rem-sa-ultra.php

I just got a Remmy Model 7 in 300SAUM and will be starting load development today...
grin.gif

$bob$

My 300 SAUM shoots at about 300 Win Mag velocities, but not with accuracy. The load I settled for this year pushed a 168 TSX at 2975 fps - higher than typical 30-06 or 308 velocities, but not what a Win Mag can do. - Of course I am probably using 20 grains less powder and the load shoots .5" @ 100.

I really like the "308 Fatso". The model 7 and 700 both have advantages. I have a 700 but I would sure like to try the model 7 to see what I can get out of one.

This is the bull I killed this year with my 300 SAUM. If I would have had a bigger gun I may have tried for a bigger bull
grin.gif

He could not tell that the bullet going through his heart was 100 fps slower than it could have been.
Hunt04046s.jpg

Good Bull Quiethunter.

Quiethunter left out a couple of details for you on that load. He and I shoot the same load for the .300 SAUM, it goes like this:

168 barnes TSX
56.5 gr. Varget
COL 2.80
Winchester WLRM Primer

Shoots good and obviously does the job.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.