300 rum

Discussion in 'Gun Photos' started by Mikiedem, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Mikiedem

Mikiedem Well-Known Member

Finally got my RUM from the smith, now time to develope a load.

Attached Files:

2. pud

pud Well-Known Member

I like the camo looks good.

3. Mikiedem

Thanks, we were trying to match the sitka optifade but that turned out to be too much of a task. Was out ladder testing 200 gr accubonds and retumbo between 91.8-92.6 in .2 grn increments, first picture. For foulers I loaded up 185 vlds all at 96.0 gr retumbo .130 off lands. Shot cold bore fouler, then 3 shot group, cleaned, shot fouler, 3 shot group , and so on. Couldnt help but notice my fouler group was much better than my ladder test with AB's. Think I have luckily found my sweet spot in a total of 30 shots.

Attached Files:

4. Capt Academy

Capt Academy Well-Known Member

Very nice, I like the camo!

5. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

Why such a light VLD? I would also like to here more about the rifle. Like who built it, how long the barrel is what stock you chose and how you painted it. It looks good but I would not want to forget where I set it down at. Also if you have already done the barrel brake in why are you cleaning and fouling for your groups?

6. thewileyone13

thewileyone13 Well-Known Member

What load did you end up with?

7. Mikiedem

I ended up with the 185 vld and 96.0 gr of retumbo, seems to like it. Shot a 6" group at 830 yards last night, for me I'm happy. At 500 yards the bergers were still blowing holes through 1/2" plate. As for the rifle, 26" McGowen SS match grade 1:12 twist, MPI kevlar tactical stock, 700 action, jewel trigger. Brasshound gear in Montana built the rifle for me and am pleased that I went with a custom versus off the shelf .