.300 rum

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by raysugar4567, Nov 9, 2010.

  1. raysugar4567

    raysugar4567 Member

    Nov 9, 2010
    Does anyone know if a Regular Long action stock can be used for the .300 RUM? Also if I change my barrel from .308 to .338 is that all I need to do to shoot .338 edge?.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  2. the444shooter

    the444shooter Well-Known Member

    May 8, 2001
    To my knowledge, yes--any long action stock will do. But I'm confused as to the second half of your question. Are you asking about just re-boring your existing barrel? If so, then no, that's not all you need to do. You need to make sure you have a magnum bolt face, and you'd be better off just buying a new barrel. This post would be better suited in the gunsmithing section, I think.

  3. elkaholic

    elkaholic Well-Known Member

    Dec 4, 2008
    As mentioned above, you would have to open the bolt face. You will also need to work over the feed rails or use it as a single shot........Rich