300 rum twist

strictlyRUM

I was just wondering how many people out there have tried heavy bullets in a 12 twist. I have ordered a 10 twist with the intention of 210 bergers but I have been waiting two months for the barrel and I could get a 12 twist lilja sent out tommorrow. Any input very appreciated.

If you plan on using the heavy bullets a 10 or 11 twist is the way to go for the 300 RUM.

Frank D

[ QUOTE ]
I shoot 200 grain accubonds and 220 SMK's out of a 12x Lilja in 300 RUM. Stabilize just fine.<font color="blue"> I also get slightly better velocity and BC's. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

?? Less drop due to increased velocity, or better BC??

Never heard of anyone having any problems with the 200 gr Accubond in the 1-12. I have heard of a few problems with the 210 Berger and 220 gr Sierra. Some shoot them fine others have issues at long range in cold temps.

Personally, I would go with a 1-10 but I generally lean toward a bit more twist then needed.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.