.300 RUM reloading ?????'s

Re: .300 RUM reloading ?????\'s

I as I do not have any load data for the 175 SMK's (or 190's), do you guy's have any suggestions? Been examining that round myself....
I shoot about 3/4 MOA with Nosler's 180 right now with RL22.

Thanks for all of the great reply's guys, I appreciate you sharing your knowledge and experience........it is currently being used
thx
Jordan

I'll Let ya'll know which one shoots best at 600+ yds

I just noticed this posting as I just returned from Elk hunting. I have a 300 ultra that I shoot 200grn Accubonds in. It has a 28" pac nor barrell and is giving me 1/4 groups at 100 yrds. I am using 85 grains of IMR 7828 powder and federal 210 primers. I want you to know this is a hot load for my rifle and I get extractor marks on the brass but it is dead accurate. I have not shot it at the 1000yrd range so can not speak about that distance. If your considering this load please start out lighter. Serra's manual says that 86.2 is a max load. I have other loads that I have tried and when I get a moment Ill post them for you if your interested.

A buddy of mine, BJ Bailey, shoots a 300 Rum with a 210gr wildcat at 3200fps. This is out of a 30" Lilja barrel that is a tight bore. Should play hell on whitetails.

Take it easy
Steve

Well,
A partial verdict is in...........

THE 220 gr SMK's win hands down in the accuracy department. At 1000yds, the 240's avg'd around 18" groups (10 shots, measured best 8).......the 220's avg'd around 10" groups (10 shots, measured best 8)........

Now, I will make up about 10 different powder loads and find out which one is the most accurate, I hope it is a hotter load.

I'll Let you all know what wins.
later,
Jordan

PS.....I'll shooting a 26" bbl, Rem 700 PSS......stock, out of the box.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.