300 Rum Range Results.

I would work up the powder charge first before working on seating depth. I think of powder change changes as 'coarse' adjustments and seating depth changes as 'fine' adjustments.

I suggest a solid rest for your gun. I found I can get tighter groups with a benchrest front rest and rabbit ear sandbag than with a bipod.:)

[FONT=&quot]Give some time between your shots also. I read that the 300RUM is hard on barrels. I have a Rem 700 SPS 300RUM and it gets pretty warm after 3 rds and really hot after 5 rds of fire-reload-fire. Like you I shoot mine in 83-95 degree weather and it takes a while to cool the barrel off. I rotate between two other rifles while waiting for the RUM to cool.[/FONT]

Your first post reads that you were using h-1000 then about 4 more posts down you start talking about retumbo if you had good groups with the 1000 why switch to retumbo. My go to load with mine is 92.5 gr of h-1000 with 200 gr accubonds seated at mag length.

-Nathan

i've read conflicting view on wether or not to go with a change in powder charge or a change in seating depth first.

anyone that could elaborate and give me a solid reason to go with one or the other?

i switched to retumbo to see what it had to offer, seems like with all the reading i could do, most people were using retumbo over the H1000. i figured it would be worth a try to see what i got for results vs the h1000

Thanks guys keep em coming please

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts