300 RUM Nosler/Rem Brass Pic

Jon A

I've just had the stuff for a couple of hours, so far the most interesting difference (we all expected more consistent weight, neck thickness, etc) is the construction around the head of the case. Nosler on the left, Rem on the right:

PICT0089.jpg

Not the smoothest cutting, but some interesting differences are apparent.

Sorry Roy, but my micrometer just doesn't want to measure the curved surfaces consistently. Using my cheap caliper, roughly 1.1" up from the base (a bit less than 1/2 way up) the Rem looks like about .016 while the Nosler looks like about .019~.020. But those are pretty rough.

JonA,

Good enough! The indication is that the Nosler case is a bit thicker. If the Nos is a bit harder/tuffer than the Rem then good.

Next question: when the cases are tapped together which one makes the higher pitched sound, the Nos or Rem? It's silly question but has meaning. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Looking forward to your further results.

Thanks for the pics! I'm new to this or any hunting/reloading forum but so far I'm very impressed with what I see and the knowledge of the members. I was going to purchase the nosler and do the very experiment that you've performed but you've saved me the hassle. I can already see that the web section in the case head is a lot heavier in the nosler and this should yield a bit more pressure in the case.

Thanks again,

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts