300 RUM Nosler Brass

wildcat

Hey everyone, how do you guys like the Nosler 300 RUM Brass. I met a guy at the range today who just had a custom 300 RUM Built, and he uses the 300 RUM Nosler Brass. He said it's great brass and it is way better than Remington or Winchester brass. Can you guys give me some feed back on this brass.

Jake

Hi Jake where did your friend get 300 ultra mag brass made buy Win?

The Rem brass is OK if it is batched and the cost of the Norma brass makes it possible to buy over 2 Rem cases to 1 Norma case and if you do the work they are as good as each other in my opinion. You could buy a case of 500 Rem cases batch the best 200 out and sell the other 300 at a slight loss and you will come out with the cost of about 100 Norma cases. Make sure he does not hammer the Norma cases although they are very uniform they are generalt slightly softer than other brands making it easier to enlarge the primer pockets if the loads are to hot. He should also run the first shot through a case at about 90% if youy hammer the first shot it does not help case life because if it is a nice mild shot the case can form and contract to a size to correctly fir the chamber and also start to gain a memory and work harden to that shape if you streach the brass on the first shot it will wear out very quickley.

Cheers Bill
Australia

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Jake where did your friend get 300 ultra mag brass made buy Win?

The Rem brass is OK if it is batched and the cost of the Norma brass makes it possible to buy over 2 Rem cases to 1 Norma case and if you do the work they are as good as each other in my opinion. You could buy a case of 500 Rem cases batch the best 200 out and sell the other 300 at a slight loss and you will come out with the cost of about 100 Norma cases. Make sure he does not hammer the Norma cases although they are very uniform they are generalt slightly softer than other brands making it easier to enlarge the primer pockets if the loads are to hot. He should also run the first shot through a case at about 90% if youy hammer the first shot it does not help case life because if it is a nice mild shot the case can form and contract to a size to correctly fir the chamber and also start to gain a memory and work harden to that shape if you streach the brass on the first shot it will wear out very quickley.

Cheers Bill
Australia

[/ QUOTE ]

So, Norma is making the Nosler 300RUM brass?

James

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts