300 rum- 338 rum conversion

Rum and not the liquid

so after much thought i gonna modify the sendero, mainly a new caliber has anyone done this conversion i asume theres pros and cons to both, the 2 pros i know of is ballistic advantages and killing power at the other end has anyone does this conversion and not liked it 4 what ever reason

thanks lucas

Never done the conversion myself. Not much to it other than a barrel and the labor to spin it on. At that point you may want to have some other work done. If it hasn't been done yet I would suggest at least a trigger job and bedding the action. Both are relatively inexpensive to do. You may also want to look into a muzzle brake.

I do own a rifle in a 338 rum and love the cartridge. My gun was built by Defensive Edge and has one of their brakes on it. The brake makes it a real pleasure to shoot.

Good luck and Welcome to LRH

Never done the conversion myself. Not much to it other than a barrel and the labor to spin it on. At that point you may want to have some other work done. If it hasn't been done yet I would suggest at least a trigger job and bedding the action. Both are relatively inexpensive to do. You may also want to look into a muzzle brake.

I do own a rifle in a 338 rum and love the cartridge. My gun was built by Defensive Edge and has one of their brakes on it. The brake makes it a real pleasure to shoot.

Good luck and Welcome to LRH

+1
Also have the smith blue print the action while it is apart and before the new barrel is
screwed on for accuracy.

The 338 RUM is a great cartrige and will do in big animals at great distances.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.