300 rum, 200gr smk load info needed.

Ive shot ladders with 2 300RUMs using this powder/bullet combo. Starting around 76gr and running up through 83gr will usually get a workable load. One shot best at 82.7gr, and the other shot best at 81.4gr... though the rifle that shot best with 81.4gr shot better with H1000. It was not difficult to get 2975 with either rifle (26" barrels on both) using this powder,but for max velocity id suggest looking at H1000.
As always start low... blah blah blah...

Abinok,

Thanks for the info, as you stated they seem to shoot better up toward the max, I was looking at some info on reloadersnest that was similar, best groups up toward the max load. BTW how good of groups were you getting, factory barrel? Gun? etc. or custom. thanks again

Yep, best results around max. This holds true in my experence for 300WM and 7mmREM for this powder as well.
One was a factory rem, the other was a factory savage.
The rem was shooting 3" groups pretty regular at 400yds, and the savage would do 2 1/4 at the same range, occasionally dropping to 1.75 We also shot the savage at my portable 1350yd target, and it did well enough with 3 and 5 shot groups that im not going to say numbers or post pics on this board, because it tends to encite flaming. I have it from a more knowlegable person than I that the 200SMK is the most balanced and consistantly accurate SMK in production, and I have no doubt thats true. If you want pics of 1350yd groups, i can provide them privately.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.