300 load opinion

Caleb85

Just seems easy asking instead of blowing up bullets ! ( the third shot of top group is at top of paper)

Attachments

• 20140723_152723.jpg
    20140723_152723.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 58
Sorry ..300 win mag..200 yards...I don't have a lot of A max's so I was asking about what these two groups say to do next ... lengthen or shorten, hotter or colder. ?

May not be what you want to here, but that does not tell me anything without knowing a little more information.

The only thing I would do after I have come up with the best group with the bullet and powder combination is to begin experimenting with bullet seating depth off the lands. I follow the method as recommended by Berger. Usually works to achieve best accuracy.

After all that and still not satisfied, then start the process over with a different bullet and powder combination until you fin what the gun likes bes

Some people tune powder first, some tune seating depth.

I start by tuning powder, with the bullet about .01 from the lands.
Typically this will get me within 1 moa. If i cant get that im usually embarking on a waste of time or the bullet prefers drastically different seating.

Need more data

What powder?
Why 200 yards?
What primer and brass?

For my 300 Win Mag

H1000 with 208 Amax or 220 MK work well.

May not be what you want to here, but that does not tell me anything without knowing a little more information.

The only thing I would do after I have come up with the best group with the bullet and powder combination is to begin experimenting with bullet seating depth off the lands. I follow the method as recommended by Berger. Usually works to achieve best accuracy.

After all that and still not satisfied, then start the process over with a different bullet and powder combination until you fin what the gun likes bes

+1! ... and make sure you have enough bullets, powder, primer, etc., during and after load development. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts