.300 Jarrett info

midmoboy

Does anyone have any info on the .300 Jarrett? Balistics, fathering case, accuracy, ect.? Am considering rebarreling a magnum action and I'm going over my choices.

The 300 Jarrett is made from a blown out 8mm Ren mag case. It should be similar in capacity to a 300 Wby mag.

Can't imagine what advantage the Jarrett cartridge has. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

VH

I shoot one. They can shoot great. Really poor brass selection. Soft remmington brass not up to multiple reloads. If you are looking for a time killing hobby, this could be fun with all the case forming and fireforming involved. But I would go with a 300 Weatherby or 300 ultra mag if I would do it again.

just my 2

Neal

I have been shooting one for about 8-9 years, I would have to look at my load data to be sure. I would have to agree with parts of the post above. Yes the brass soft,is a pain sometimes to make and does not last long. I use mine exclusivly for hunting so I don't fire a lot of shots a year. The brass is no harder to make than an Ackley round after you neck the case down. I shoot 180 Bal Tips at 3300 FPS and 165's at 3450 FPS. The 180 load is max in my rifle and near max in a few friends rifles. The 165 load is moderate. My rifle Rem 700 W/ Hart #5 at 25.5". I have 6 hunting buddies that now shoot the 300 Jarrett and we all swear by it. We have a fireforming barrel that we all have used including our gunsmith. The others are easier but I have yet to see 300 Weatherby shoot anywhere as accuratly. I have yet to try one of the RUM's.

Good Luck
Mark

Varmint Hunter;
In a word - accuracy!
I have a ten shot group from my 300 Jarrett at 100 yards that was shot off the bench with Berger bullets that hides under a quarter. This rifle is fun, fun, fun to shoot.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.