300+ inch mule deer!!!!

Anybody know how to post pictures? I've got a photo of a buck that I'm guessing will go over 40", taken with a cell phone. Kinda be interested in seeing what you guys think he'd score. He's the buck I'll be hunting this year.

ss7mm, I tried that route once and couldn't get it to work. I'll hunt up your email address and send it out to you. Don't forget to give me your guess as to what he'd score.

Appreciate you posting it for me. Thanks.

slymule:

Here is the pic for you.

downsized_0824081731.jpg

Thanks ss7mm!

I get excited everytime I look at his picture. With any luck he'll be wearing my tag on him before too long.

So whatdaya' guys think he'll score and how wide do you think he is?

Slymule,

That is one heck of a buck. Best of luck in putting your tag on him. Let us know how it goes.

Here's my conservative "guess"-- 38+ outside and around 202" gross.

Well he is definitely a shooter. Without actually looking at him and estimating his body size it is just a guess at best. I took the picture into Photoshop and using his forehead between the eyes as a known width (5-6") I get somewhere between 35 and 38 inches. Now if he is a large buck 200 to 250 pounds he could be bigger and if he is smaller it could go the other way.

He won't score well with the small "crab" forks in front and the back forks don't look very even and he is not really heavy. Again all this is just a guess.

With that said I would shot him in a heartbeat. I don't care whose tape measure you use 36 inches or so is 36 inches. Not a whole lot of them guy's running around.

Well, I figure he's right at 40". I've got a 32" buck hanging on the wall and I figured he had him beat by 10". I'm guessing he'll score 210"-212", but I'm not that great when it comes to judging a score. All I know is he's definately a shooter!

Slymule,
Did you take that picture? Was it posted on another forum? I know I've seen it before but can't remember where.

Well, I figure he's right at 40". I've got a 32" buck hanging on the wall and I figured he had him beat by 10". I'm guessing he'll score 210"-212", but I'm not that great when it comes to judging a score. All I know is he's definately a shooter!

A hunting buddy of mine took that picture with his cell phone on August 24th of this year. The bucks were standing about 35yds away from him and he was about 400 yards from one of our favorite spots we like to sit and glass from. I know I haven't posted the picture anywhere because I had to have ss7mm post this one for me. Whether or not my hunting partner posted it somewhere, I couldn't tell you. I do know that we've both sent it out in emails to alot of our friends. We've both been hunting this area for the last 4 years and we'll both be trying to figure out where he's hiding by the time our seasons roll around. The only thing I know for sure is neither one of us have told anybody where this buck is located - nada, nope, not happenin', not even a hint.

A hunting buddy of mine took that picture with his cell phone on August 24th of this year. The bucks were standing about 35yds away from him and he was about 400 yards from one of our favorite spots we like to sit and glass from. I know I haven't posted the picture anywhere because I had to have ss7mm post this one for me. Whether or not my hunting partner posted it somewhere, I couldn't tell you. I do know that we've both sent it out in emails to alot of our friends. We've both been hunting this area for the last 4 years and we'll both be trying to figure out where he's hiding by the time our seasons roll around. The only thing I know for sure is neither one of us have told anybody where this buck is located - nada, nope, not happenin', not even a hint.

I hate to break it to you and be the bearer of bad news but I have had that picture in my email account for two years. Also I was under the impression that the photo was taken in Arizona.

Also when you open my version in Adobe photo shop you can see where the antlers were manipulated to make them appear bigger.

I am sure he was still a nice buck, just not quite as big as the photo would have you believe.

GetAttachment5.jpg

Last edited:
Well I'll be damned!!! Looks like I've been snookered. Boy he sure played that one up big time, called me all excited and blubbering about this huge buck he saw, had to hurry and get off the phone so he could send the picture to my cell phone so I could see for myself.

I was kind of wondering why he's been grinning everytime we get together, and I bring up the subject of that buck. He just grins and keeps rubbing it in how he'll be hunting the season before I get to. Hmmmmm......

looks like I owe the ol' prankster a good one. Well, at least he doesn't know that I know he's pulled one on me. This will give me time to think up a way to get even

Hey, I owe you one Meichele. Thanks for filling me in on his little prank.

Why that dirty little weasel........................@#&*%&*aaarh

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.