300 gr SMKs consistancy dropping out of Supersonic velocity...

Ok what ever back to the topic I guess, the bullet was a 210 berger at about 2940 fps, and at that range traveling at about 850 fps. I guess I will add that this is Varmint hunter not precision shooting magazine if it was one shot one kill there probly would'nt be anyone in beyond 1000yds. So there would only be two clubs 500 and 1000. Will try to get the video loaded and start another thread with it.

Ok what ever back to the topic I guess, the bullet was a 210 berger at about 2940 fps, and at that range traveling at about 850 fps. I guess I will add that this is Varmint hunter not precision shooting magazine if it was one shot one kill there probly would'nt be anyone in beyond 1000yds. So there would only be two clubs 500 and 1000. Will try to get the video loaded and start another thread with it.

Look forward to the video if you can make it work.

Comment: if it was so easy it could be done with one shot every time, it wouldn't be any fun anyhow. I know when the snowshoe hares get so thick up here that you can shoot 100 in an outing, I lose interest in it pretty quickly. I understand what Kirby is saying, but it's getting border line ethical and probably a topic best left alone. My own opinion - if someone wants to burn out a barrel trying to kill a varmint at 2000 or 3000 yds, more power to him and none of my business. I would probably have just as much fun taking a few shots at a rock at those distances if I could see the impacts. Doubt that I could, but there's no place up here to try it anyhow. So no one, including me could say if I fabricated a story or not.

This situtation where someone is claiming they can get good accuracy out to 3000 yds is the pertinent one here, and if VHA articles are claiming that and it's really a distortion of truth, then that's subject matter worth pursuing. Doesn't do anyone any good or make any sense to try to legitimize accuracy claims at those extreme ranges if it's more than not BS.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.