300 gr Berger Vs Antelope

Well today my gl-*** is half way full of something happy, so with that I will ***-k is your hunting partner named murphy? And most importantly I believe all antelope are shot in the posterior arent they? I hunt coyotes with a certain person and that is the only place he can hit anything. best of luck sorting it out

Check out the "safari sling". I use it for on the quad, its a front carry type sling. Then your body cusions the rifle the whole time (some off us have more cusion than others). :D

I tried slinging my gun for a while and it beat the crap out of me. If I have to I will go back to using my hard case strapped onto my rear rack or maybe I will buy a Kolpin gun boot. All I know is the handle bar rack is too hard on the guns.

I hate to be a spoilsport, but three misses and a poor shot might mean time to check things out or switch rifles... The middle of a hunt using live game as targets doesn't seem like the time to be working problems out. We all have equipment issues and make less than ideal shots on game, and try to minimize the effects, which you did well. I am not saying that it has never happened to me, because it sure has. However i would be cautious about posting some things on the internet for anyone to read, we have enough trouble convincing other hunters that long range hunting is humane and ethical, much less anti's or non hunters that might stumble across what is posted on a public forum. I am in no way critisising your shots or shooting, just saying from the perspectve of someone that is less informed about shooting, long range or not, somethings may serve to make us look bad...

Well hell thanks for pointing it out to them! I myself prefer the truth. Let them know what actually happens. Your post actually sounds like this is a bad thing and we should be ashamed, It happens!

Dear anti hunters, some times we miss and shoot things in the butt. We also sometimes hit them in the gut. Shot off legs, jaws and various other parts. Sometimes animals aren't recovered and die all on their own a slow painful death. It happens!

The more you try to cover stuff up the worse it looks!

I never said it was a bad thing! It happens! And double points to the OP for using a gun with enough snort to knock a critter down even with a less than perfect hit, which i think is especially important on antelope, the little woolies can be darn tough.
It has happened to me sure as it has happened to everybody else before or eventually. Doo-doo happens, and you sure can't help for gear related issues!

On a different note, the Kolpin boots seem to work great for us on bikes, but may not work for a long range mount with bipod, longer bbl or bigger scope than "usual" hunting rifles. I have used them to carry a rifle while working in the mountains, but never tried to put my hunting setup in one so don't know if they make them big enough.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.