300 gr Berger Hybrid in .338 Lapua

Larry87

Just wondering if anyone has some loads worked up yet? I just bought 100 Berger's and want to get an idea of what you guys may have had luck with. Thanks in advance.

91.5 gr of H-1000 , CCI 250, .015 off the lands in a 27 1/2 " 10 twist lilja .338 LM. 2795 MV and 1/2 moa to 1400. I have 250 of them down the tube with good results.

Jeff gun)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

91.5 gr of H-1000 , CCI 250, .015 off the lands in a 27 1/2 " 10 twist lilja .338 LM. 2795 MV and 1/2 moa to 1400. I have 250 of them down the tube with good results.

Jeff gun)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweet man thanks for the info, I actually was looking for h1000 loads but didn't want to specify. Are you getting pressure signs?

Sweet man thanks for the info, I actually was looking for h1000 loads but didn't want to specify. Are you getting pressure signs?

I load 92.5 with the SMK's but the 300 Hybrids did show a bit of pressure (faint ejector marks) at 92.5. So I backed it off and all was good. I don't push my loads, this brass has 10 firings and still goin.

Jeff

I load 92.5 with the SMK's but the 300 Hybrids did show a bit of pressure (faint ejector marks) at 92.5. So I backed it off and all was good. I don't push my loads, this brass has 10 firings and still goin.

Jeff

Thanks again man, Where would you recommend be a good starting point for loading the hybrids with H1000. New brass, rem mag primers. I loaded some 250gr SMK's with 94gr H1000 and there were no overpressure signs at all. Cant tell you how they shot, Dont have a scope yet but i just wanted to send some down the tube.

With the 300 gr bullets, I always load 3 at 89 gr. of H-1000 and shoot them then work up in 1/2 gr increments watching for the node and pressure signs. I like to start .040" off the lands and after I find the sweet spot for the powder charge I work in or out looking for tighter groups. This may not be the best way but it works well for me.

Jeff

Thanks for the load data Broz, I have a 338LM showing up in the next 3 or 4 days and all my current data is for a 338LM Improved.

Any chane you'll be inmy piece of desert any time soon. Would love to drag you to the desert and let fly at some of my steel plate targets. Then we can tell lies about how well we did!!!

JeffVN

Thanks for the load data Broz, I have a 338LM showing up in the next 3 or 4 days and all my current data is for a 338LM Improved.

Any chane you'll be inmy piece of desert any time soon. Would love to drag you to the desert and let fly at some of my steel plate targets. Then we can tell lies about how well we did!!!

JeffVN

I have yet see a 338 LM or a 338 Rum that didn't shoot well with 300's and H-1000. So you guys should find something to get ya going here. Also on the Berger's I did Play with seating depth and fond that they were not picky at all. Good groups were shot from .015 off to .060 off the lands. I settled for the spot with the lowest and most consistant ES.

JeffVN, I would love to shoot with you guys. I have read some of your posts and admired your range. Don't know if I wil be in the area soon but I sure will holler if I get down that way. You do the same up here. We always need to keep the ever growing population of killer rocks in check. :D

Jeff gun)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

seating depth in a savage? 3.820" to the lands...i need to back all the way down to about 3.740" to clear the magazine box...any thoughts? or should i just shoot it as a single shot?

seating depth in a savage? 3.820" to the lands...i need to back all the way down to about 3.740" to clear the magazine box...any thoughts? or should i just shoot it as a single shot?

I think every rifle is different as far as seating depth. But the short cut ,,, if there is one ,, would be to seat some just short of mag box length and shoot them at 300 yards and see what ya get. If accuracy is not satisfactory there, then start seating longer and see what ya get.

Jeff

im shooting .385 for groups at 200 with 88.5 grains h1000 and 300 grain bergers.. gettting 2790 through 28 inch barrel with break.. I was seating mine at 3.700 with those kind of results.. i have an extended box mag that I can load all the way out to 3.900 but no need to.. hope this helps.. i started at 86 grains.. got extreme pressure signs at 89 grains.. had to pound the case out.. new h1000 is shooting hotter... same with retumbo

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.