300 aac blakout barrel

bimbi40

i want to buy a 300 aac blackout barrel for my rem 700 sa, i saw them on aac webpage and they are expensive, looking online i found a mountain green bbl for 51 dlls, so im looking for somebody to make me one, specs

16.5 inch long
medium contour
front threaded 5/8-24
For a rem 700 sa receiver
just like the one they have on aac webpage

if somebody is interested send me a pm

G'Day Fella's,

Bimbi40, the thing you need to remember about most AAC .300 Blackout rifles is, they generally have a 1 in 7" or 1 in 8" barrel twist! I recently done a dealer transfer on a new Rem 700 in AAC .300 Blackout, and it had the following details "1 in 7 Twist" stamped on the barrel!!!

The twist need to be this quick, to stabalise the long heavy bullets (200+ grn), commonly used in this cartridge!

Hope that helps

Doh!
Homer

G'Day Fella's,

Bimbi40, the thing you need to remember about most AAC .300 Blackout rifles is, they generally have a 1 in 7" or 1 in 8" barrel twist! I recently done a dealer transfer on a new Rem 700 in AAC .300 Blackout, and it had the following details "1 in 7 Twist" stamped on the barrel!!!

The twist need to be this quick, to stabalise the long heavy bullets (200+ grn), commonly used in this cartridge!

Hope that helps

Doh!
Homer

Homer is right about the twist. You need a 1 in 7 or 1 in 8.

Green Mountain make decent barrels but I don, t think they make any 30 cal barrels in tight twist.
So be sure that the barrel twist is no more than 1 in 10. A 1 in 8 would be your best bet IMO.

My guess is that the twist is somewhere around 1 in 20 on the barrel you found (Ok for a Muzzle
loader but not for center fire).

It would be a shame to build the rifle and find out that it would not shoot accurately much over
100 yards.

Brownell's has some barrels in stock and for the cost Shillen is hard to beat if they have the one
you want.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.