30-378 Help

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by gvonblohn, Apr 2, 2007.

1. gvonblohn

gvonblohn Member

Hey guys, long time reader, less than occassional poster. I need some help. I have an awesome 180 Barnes TSX - Retumbo load for my Weatherby Accumark, but I was wondering if anyone has any favorite loads for the 200gr Sierra MK. I also have 10+lbs of IMR 5010 but can't seem to figure what a good starting and max load should be. IMR will not comment other than it was MilSurp for the 50BMG and I know I can't do a head to head with H5010. Is it safe to start with that load data and work up.?

2. kraky

kraky Well-Known Member

3. HoytemanPA

HoytemanPA Well-Known Member

My favorite load for my Accumark barrel was 200 gr Accubonds and 106gr Retumbo.

103 H1000 with 200mks was pretty good too.

I don't really work loads up, I find out what the boundaries are from the get-go. If I had 10 lbs of unknown burn rate powder thats most likely slower than H1000 I would start at 100gr and do single loads jumping 2 grains up until I saw signs I didn't like, then do ten one grain incremental loads under max sign indicated powder level for a rough ladder at 3-4 hundred yards, and then whatever method works after that.