30-06

Berger Man

I already know that I want the 30-06 springfield because it is the most versatile rifle ranging from a 110 gr bullet to a 220 gr bullet. It has the most power without getting into the magnums. I could shoot it the rest of my life and not wear it out. I hear good things about Sako rifles and want to know which is the best Sako model to choose?

I already know that I want the 30-06 springfield because it is the most versatile rifle ranging from a 110 gr bullet to a 220 gr bullet. It has the most power without getting into the magnums. I could shoot it the rest of my life and not wear it out. I hear good things about Sako rifles and want to know which is the best Sako model to choose?

For a dedicated "Hunting Rifle" look no further than the Sako 85 Finnlight and the next on the list would be the 85 Synthetic Stainless. If you are a wood stock guy look at the 85 Stainless Hunter or the 85 Stainless Laminate Hunter.

For a cheaper Sako alternative you could look at the Sako A7 Stainless (or Blued) but IMO the Sako 85 is well worth the extra $$$. Mate you can't go wrong with a Sako 85 they just ooze class.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.