30.06 varmint loads needed

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by oldfamily, May 29, 2006.

1. oldfamily

oldfamily Well-Known Member

just was wondering if any one had some loads worked up for an 06. This rifle is for a future project, planning on playing with the factory barrel for now. Need loads for groundhogs and coyotes. Don't care about burning out the barrel just need some safe accurate loads.

2. abinok

abinok Writers Guild

what ranges are you anticipating? 110Vmax is awesome for closer stuff...

3. oldfamily

real world yardages would be 500 or less. most shots would be around 300 or less.

4. abinok

abinok Writers Guild

Sounds like 110Vmax territory to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif 175SMK will have less wind drift at the far end however. Better go dig out the 06 notebook...

5. jwp475

jwp475 Well-Known Member

I would recomend and do so my self, with any big game rifle that I chooce to shoot varmints with, I use the same bullet that I would hunt with.This gives me practice with my hunting load and no need to re-ero

6. oldfamily

It will not be an 06 for very long. Bought the rifle for the action. For big game I have my stw for that. This rifle will be just used for a short time until the new barrel gets here. Need some loads set up for the lighter 30 cal bullets, might shoot this thing for 8 weeks. Thanks oldfamily

7. sewwhat89

sewwhat89 Well-Known Member

Buy some bulk NBTs from Shooter's Pro Shop (Nosler's 2nds)

Here is the link you need, imo, 150 gr NBT

8. sewwhat89

sewwhat89 Well-Known Member

That way you can load up and shoot to your heart's content with no fear. Good bc, good practice and cheap to boot.