3 lug repeater actions?

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by akrich, Mar 10, 2010.

1. akrich

akrich Member

Looking at building a new 7mm rum, my current custom is on a wetherby mark V action and I am looking for something new.

any recommendations for a 3 lug repeater action (I like the throw) preferably something with a Remington 700 footprint to make accessorizing easier.

2. vintec

vintec Well-Known Member

off the top of my head, the sako trg-s or model 995 will fit you needs.

3. J E Custom

J E Custom Well-Known Member

I think the Browning A Bolt is three lug also and has a 60o operating bolt.

J E CUSTOM

4. NomadPilot

NomadPilot Well-Known Member

I don't know about in the M700 footprint, but BAT Machine makes some nice looking 3 lug actions in multiple configurations.

5. akrich

akrich Member

I was looking at the BAT one it is sweet, but I think it is still only available in a single shot model.

6. NomadPilot

NomadPilot Well-Known Member

Hmm.. right you are. Good luck.

7. JeffVN

JeffVN Well-Known Member

Barnard.....

Talk to MT Guns they are the exclusive importer into the US. I have one in signle shot for F-Class, one in 408 Cheytac, and one in 338 Lapua Improved. They come with a Good match trigger that can be used in as either a single stage or two stage trigger.

http://www.mtguns.com/

JeffVN

8. LRHWAL

LRHWAL Well-Known Member

Not to disagree with Vintec on how nice it is, but unfortuantely I doubt the 995 action suits your requirements.

I have a Sako M995 (TRG-S). I like the action very much, short bolt lift, smooth as anything, adjustable trigger (although mine doesn't go as low as I'd like but there's a Jard kit). But it's not a Rem footprint and is difficult and more pricey to accessorise.

If you do go that way I can let you know where I got my bits and pieces and who else makes stuff to pimp them...

9. akrich

akrich Member

I see a lot of possibility there, I think I will need to research these actions some.