2x New Zealand Hunting DVD up for grabs

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Steve7mm08, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Steve7mm08

Steve7mm08 Well-Known Member

I have two DVD that is all footage I have taken in the last three years.

The first is Tahr hunting in the Southern Alps of New Zealand
    The second is Red stag hunting in the Top of the South Island

They have been edited and have menus etc. They were made for sharing with friends etc and are not intended for the commercial market.

I need a bit of inspiration to help me choose an engraving style for my 338 Edge which is nearly completed. By this I mean the barrel engraving of Calibre. I am interested to see pics of your barrel engraving.

At the end of ten days from this being posted I will pick my favourite and will post the two DVD to wherever the winner is in the world.

Rules

1- Photo must clearly show engraving and its location on the rifle. I am interested in engraving style/ size/ depth etc

2- If there is more than one entry with the same style of engraving I will select the best presented photo as the winner

3- One winner takes both DVD

4- My decision is final and if theres any good examples you may well see similar or the same engraving on my 338 Edge.

Don't worry I will be sure to post some photos up when its all done.

Rgds, Steve

2. whin4

whin4 Active Member

Steve,

Who’s building your edge? Is he a NZ smith or from the States?

3. Kevin Cram

Kevin Cram <b>SPONSOR</b>

Taking a decent photo of my engraving is difficult. I have a polished barrel but when you zoom that close you can see all the small scratches and the light reflecting makes it hard to keep it clear, but this was about the best I could get with indoor lighting.

I use a pantograph style engraver and and a diamond stylus that scratches the surface. A blued barrel that is engraved really pops but I don't have one here right now. Hope you like it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Steve7mm08

Its getting built right here in gods own, at the time I decided to get an edge our dollar slumped somewhat so it made importing one from the USA too damn expensive.

5. Steve7mm08

Cheers for the pic Kevin, have to say you are winning at the moment :)

6. 6BRBB

6BRBB Active Member

Hi Steve, I agree with Kevin it is not easy to take these sorts of photo's but any way here are my attemps. The first is my 6x47Lapua F-Class barreled & engraved here in New Zealand.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This in a colour more suitable to good old New Zealand!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The second was actually imported from the US and is a tactcial rifle based on a AICS stock.

Hey all the best with your Edge. I know of at least one other in NZ. Are you doing the barrel through True-Flite (who I understand has a reamer)?

Glen

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  7. Steve7mm08

No, I got my own reamer and a Broughton Barrel. I have heard of one other up Hamilton way in a laminated stock. Have not seen any shooting results or hunting reports from it though.
    Nic pics, cheers

8. Steve7mm08

come on guys!!!! surely it cant be that hard to photograph the engraving!!!

9. 6BRBB

6BRBB Active Member

Have found a picture of the full 'Green 6.5mm/08Ack Imp Rifle' I postered on this earlier. In this shot it is set up for range use (HCS supressor). In the field it simply has one of Shawn Carlocks 4 port muzzle brakes.

[​IMG]

10. Steve7mm08

Anyone got any photos of their barrel engraving?? helllooooooooo ;)

11. Steve7mm08

Kevin Cram I have sent you a PM, congrats a couple of DVD will be heading your way

Cheers, Steve