2x New Zealand Hunting DVD up for grabs

Steve7mm08

I have two DVD that is all footage I have taken in the last three years.

The first is Tahr hunting in the Southern Alps of New Zealand
The second is Red stag hunting in the Top of the South Island

They have been edited and have menus etc. They were made for sharing with friends etc and are not intended for the commercial market.

I need a bit of inspiration to help me choose an engraving style for my 338 Edge which is nearly completed. By this I mean the barrel engraving of Calibre. I am interested to see pics of your barrel engraving.

At the end of ten days from this being posted I will pick my favourite and will post the two DVD to wherever the winner is in the world.

Rules

1- Photo must clearly show engraving and its location on the rifle. I am interested in engraving style/ size/ depth etc

2- If there is more than one entry with the same style of engraving I will select the best presented photo as the winner

3- One winner takes both DVD

4- My decision is final and if theres any good examples you may well see similar or the same engraving on my 338 Edge.

Don't worry I will be sure to post some photos up when its all done.

Rgds, Steve

Taking a decent photo of my engraving is difficult. I have a polished barrel but when you zoom that close you can see all the small scratches and the light reflecting makes it hard to keep it clear, but this was about the best I could get with indoor lighting.

I use a pantograph style engraver and and a diamond stylus that scratches the surface. A blued barrel that is engraved really pops but I don't have one here right now. Hope you like it.

Engraving1.jpg

Engraving2.jpg

Hi Steve, I agree with Kevin it is not easy to take these sorts of photo's but any way here are my attemps. The first is my 6x47Lapua F-Class barreled & engraved here in New Zealand.

DSC06757b.jpg

DSC06764b.jpg

This in a colour more suitable to good old New Zealand!

DSC_0328b.jpg

DSC06783b.jpg

The second was actually imported from the US and is a tactcial rifle based on a AICS stock.

Hey all the best with your Edge. I know of at least one other in NZ. Are you doing the barrel through True-Flite (who I understand has a reamer)?

Glen

Last edited:
Have found a picture of the full 'Green 6.5mm/08Ack Imp Rifle' I postered on this earlier. In this shot it is set up for range use (HCS supressor). In the field it simply has one of Shawn Carlocks 4 port muzzle brakes.

P1020234.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.