2nd amendment texas

West Calamus

The Texas house and senate just passed a bill allowing non criminals to open carry or conceal carry without a permit. Governor says he will sign it. I have mixed feelings with some concern that there is no safety or training course required. When I got my conceal carry permit I definitely saw some people who definitely were a danger to themselves and others around them with a gun in their hands.

The Texas house and senate just passed a bill allowing non criminals to open carry or conceal carry without a permit. Governor says he will sign it. I have mixed feelings with some concern that there is no safety or training course required. When I got my conceal carry permit I definitely saw some people who definitely were a danger to themselves and others around them with a gun in their hands.
I wholeheartedly agree. I won't even go to my local range on weekends because of the people that show up with zero training. You have to use some common sense (not sure why they call it that because it doesn't seem to be very common) when it comes to firearms. I am as big a proponent of the right to bear arms as anyone, but there has to be some sort of qualification to ensure one can be trusted in public when carrying a loaded weapon. We make people go through the process of getting a driver's license to ensure a measure of safety on our roads, and as far as I'm concerned, a new driver is less of a danger than an idiot with a gun.

Hi it's their way of telling y'know who what they can do with their concealed gun permits maybe? I certainly agree if you are going to carry some training should be required! For your safety as well as others. Didn't the N R A get started by providing instructor training for the gerenal public so they could use their arms correctly?

I wholeheartedly agree. I won't even go to my local range on weekends because of the people that show up with zero training. You have to use some common sense (not sure why they call it that because it doesn't seem to be very common) when it comes to firearms. I am as big a proponent of the right to bear arms as anyone, but there has to be some sort of qualification to ensure one can be trusted in public when carrying a loaded weapon. We make people go through the process of getting a driver's license to ensure a measure of safety on our roads, and as far as I'm concerned, a new driver is less of a danger than an idiot with a gun.
Absolutely!

Here's some more that Gov. Abbott signed.

1) Const. open carry no CHL req. (you covered this already) I might agree that training is good, because the average Joe may not be very educated about firearms, firearm safety, and the law, and when to use a firearm and when to walk away. But, things might need to go to an extreme before there can be balance found between total forced lockdown and gun confiscation and the wild wild west, anything goes. People are fed up with lockdowns, regulations, and loss of liberty right now, so they may need to learn the hard way that some regulations in the form of spongy guard rails are not all bad..........

2) Silencers made in Texas and used in Texas no longer an NFA item and not subject to state law enforcement of Federal Regs.

Silencers to be legal in Texas Gotta be clearly stamped...."MADE IN TEXAS". Its almost like it is more about jobs and the economy than whether silencers are good, bad, or indifferent. Again, there is a push for maximum liberty in the air though.

(It wouldnt hurt to add....manufactured by Good OL West Texas Men and Boys on that stamp).

Here is the reading of the actual law in this link below: I am not completely certain if the copy Gov. Abbott signed is this exact one, but I think it is.