2F or 3F for 54 cal muzzle loader

Shoot Pyrodex Pellets. If you don't know about them, they are solid cylinders of powder that weigh 50grs each and are very clean, accurate, and easy to use.

2F is finer powder and you use less then you would 3f is more course so 60grs of 3f is not the some as 60grs of 2f you get more .

2F is finer powder and you use less then you would 3f is more course so 60grs of 3f is not the some as 60grs of 2f you get more .

Um, close but vise versa:D 3f is the finer powder and you can use either in a 50 cal. Most would say reduce your 2f loads by 15 % when shooting 3f.

I have come to like 3f in my 54. I shoot triple 7 and believe I get a more complete and consistant burn of the powder, plus if you season your barrel with borebutter before you shoot it , ive found cleanup is a breeze.

If you do choose to go with pyrodex a word of caution if you wernt aware.
Pyrodex is death to muzzleloader barrels, it shoot good though, just be sure you get it good and clean the same day your done shootin, or let the rusting begin.

Planning on using triple seven with 348 gr powerbelt bullets. unless someone gives me a better idea. It is a Traditions Evolution 50 cal with a 24 inch barrel, bought two of them identical. Me and grandson of whoever goes along for the hunt.

Planning on using triple seven with 348 gr powerbelt bullets. unless someone gives me a better idea. It is a Traditions Evolution 50 cal with a 24 inch barrel, bought two of them identical. Me and grandson of whoever goes along for the hunt.

I think youll defineatly find a combo youll be happy with there....

I shoot the same bullet only in 54 cal. When it mushrooms out its over an inch of hole.....I **** sure wouldnt wanna be hit with one........gun):D

This one came out of my antelope this year.

Attachments

• 2013-09-14 21.40.56.jpg
    2013-09-14 21.40.56.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 179
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.