280 ai

DCGS

Official LRH SPONSOR
Just test fired this one. Seems ready to send to the customer. The was sent to me as a 25/06 senduro. Specs are:

Rem action trued in my SSG True Bore Align. System
Brux barrel 9 twist RV contour finished at 28 inches bead blasted
Factory Rem Trigger.
H&S stock just had to redo bedding from recoil lug forward
Factory bottom metal.

Attachments

• 280 AI 001.jpg
    280 AI 001.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 280 AI 002.jpg
    280 AI 002.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 115
  • 280 AI 004.jpg
    280 AI 004.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 109
boog, if this is your rifle, it's very nice. I have a 280 very similair to it, you're going to like hunting with it. Please post your shooting results. I have just been trying the Berger 168 VLD's in my rifle and they shoot very well. I plan on developing this load a bit more. Before, I was using IMR 4350 and 150 BT.

Good luck!

It is his rifle. The test firing was done with the factory Nosler Custom 140gr accubond. After the first shot I dialed the scope down 6in. The first shot brought down to the others was right there on the second and third. Don't how they are loaded but seems to be some pretty good store bought ammo. Dan

That's very good for that rifle to shoot factory ammo that accurate! One can imagine what it will do will handloads!!

boog,I have one that looks like a twin to yours,built it about 12 yrs ago for a beeanfield rifle.My likes the RL 22 and a 140 GR accubond.I have also had good luck with the IMR 4831 behind a 140.Nice rifle enjoy it.

Ricky

Very nice looking rifle and it backs it up on target also!! What are your thoughts on the True bore alignment system?

I like it a lot. It is so much better on actions than the other process I was using. Using it on barrels is very good also. I like the idea you are not putting undo preasure on both while you are indicating. All of the indicating is done with seperate screws. I don't worry about having more clamping preasure on one side or the other. Dan

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts