280 Ackley improved?

harps

Just received chamber reamer from JGS for 280 AI just wanting to make sure its the newer version (Nosler version) I have a drawing that came with. Any help would be great. Thank you

I did when i ordered it , just double and triple checking?
??????? JGS is one of THE most reputable chambering reamer makers out there. I'd NOT doubt their word. Since Nosler standardized the .280 A.I. with SAAMI, that is what the reamer makers are making UNLESS YOU SPECIFICLLY ASK FOR THE "OLD" chambering reamer. If you still have doubts, go to www.saami.org and look up the print there, and compare with the print JGS provided. One more thing, just because you have a reamer and a print doesn't mean they are both one and the same. The only way to accurately check lengths and diameters on a tapered chambering reamer is to use an optical comparator. And I'm just about sure you don't have one of those handy.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts