280 Ackley and 150gr Swift Scirocco data?

I know three people who shoot them. No one can get a good group (less than MOA). I have shot deer with them. Tought bullet.

Would not group out of 280 Rem or custom 280AI - gave up on them and have never looked back. I take the attitude if they don't work on paper I don't care how tough they advertise to be.

I've shot hundreds of them through my 7WSM I think they're great. Killed several elk, deer, and black bears. I don't see any reason why they won't work just as well from a 280 AI. I was using 62 grains of H4350 and Fed. GM215M primers. I was able to get lots of sub MOA groups with it at 100 which would expand to over MOA at 850 (11"). I put one through the front end of a 6 pt bull at 750 where it was nicely mushroomed and against the hide on the far side and another 3 entirely through a 6 pt at about 100 yards. Great bullets!!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.