28 nosler help

That is why I only F/L size not worth a round not chambering when the animal of a lifetime presents itself. I believe F/L resizing done properly is as accurate for a hunting round anyway.
I agree in most cases. The AI cartridges I've worked with seem to do better neck sized but that's only been my experience with the ones I've chambered.

I have a custom 28 nosler that I am trying to work up a load with 195's. So far I am having trouble getting these suckers on paper. They have been all over the place and cannot get them to group. I am loading them with re33 and started with 84.5 grains and went up to 85.5. The rounds are 20 thousand off the lands as well. I have been loading 180's and have them grouping well but still working on them but all under 1-3/4 at 100 yards. My gun is on a Difience action with a 26" brux #4 sporter barrell and a mcmillian stock and jew
I have a 28 Nosler with a 26" Brux #4, Stiller action, jewel trigger, McMillan stock, what I was able to find that worked in my rifle is using 84.3gr of RL33 with a CCI 250 primer and sitting .020 from the rifling. This combination has shot a .529" group at 200yds if I do my job and not rush my shots. I do need to see what this load will do at 400 and 600yds, hopefully, in the next few weeks it will cool down enough in TX to play.

Move it .010 out that should give you the answer if it's throat erosion or not. Did 78.3 and 79.0 give you the same velocity before like when it was 3044. I guess what I'm getting in at is seems like you have plateaued with your powder charge if that is the case I would stay in the middle like 78.6 or 78.7

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.