• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

.277 170gr Berger, 165gr and 150gr able

Yah. Me too. I need some 170 gr EOL's. Finally got the load right for my 6.8 Western and need more bullets.
FAA78E0A-110F-4E41-9CCC-56FF2C901992.jpeg

I saw those btips. The bearing surface is huge. Not sure you'd be able to get any speed before pressuring out to make it worth while. Thanks for the heads up though

Probably too much bearing surface here too but 2 available

I saw those btips. The bearing surface is huge. Not sure you'd be able to get any speed before pressuring out to make it worth while. Thanks for the heads up though
How did you get the bearing surface information on them? I've never even seen one yet so I was curious about how much velocity would be lost to all that bs. Could you post the bs number please for us guys too lazy to go searching the internet for it? Appreciate it.

I am running the 170BT's up to 3000 with RL26 in .270 WIn that is built for heavies with 1:8tw and 0.290 freebore plus long max COAL of 3.65. The ladder was interesting that virtually through same hole at 100 yds. I have loaded up several test loads of 2900 - 2975 but need some range time. The bearing surface is similar to the 175TGK and velocities seem to identical for me so far.

I am running the 170BT's up to 3000 with RL26 in .270 WIn that is built for heavies with 1:8tw and 0.290 freebore plus long max COAL of 3.65. The ladder was interesting that virtually through same hole at 100 yds. I have loaded up several test loads of 2900 - 2975 but need some range time. The bearing surface is similar to the 175TGK and velocities seem to identical for me so far.
have you run any numbers for actual BC?