270wsm starting load

Sheephuntr

Live in a small town south of Boise Idaho called M
I got a Winchester M70 an I'm looking for a starting load for 150 accubond long ranges an Retumbo. I'm using new Winchester brass an CCI magnum primers. I'd like as much velocity as I can get outta it. Hopefully I can get the accuracy I'm looking for outta it. What's a good starting load to begin with???

Bigngreen will hopefully chime in on this one.... I remember he does alot of work with the 270 wsm/Retumbo/heavier bullets(165 matrix) with great success. I believe he was in the 66-68 grain range. I will have to look in some older topics and try to find the conversations.

Start load with Retumbo is 66.0 gns for 2908,.....53,300 psi Max is 70.0 C = compressed ,for 3071 fps , col 2.740 using a 150 Hdy -sp bullet ,w-w-c, tw1/10,24bbl,trim 2.090,wlr mag primer used ,Retumbo will Bridge in your power thrower , Watch for it !!! I also load for my 270 wsm , pm if you wish , thks

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.