270WSM Long Action 150 Berger VLD`s

mr.big

with the bullet seated in the long action so only the boattail is below the neck in the case,how fast you think they would go in a 28 inch bbl??

Definitely fast enough!!!

Should shoot along with 270 Whby, 270 Win AI, and even a hot shooting 270 Win. The 150 ought to get some where around 3200. But that's just off the top of my head. No real science involved.:rolleyes:

so it would shoot about like a 300RUM with 220 SMK in the wind and trajectory,,just minus the ft lbs of energy??

Have any of you found the berger available yet for the 270's? If so, where have you found them? Midway and Cabela's don't offer them yet.
Tim G

I'm guessing here also, but after looking at the velocity figures I find, 3200fps should be attainable with that length barrel. Looks like the slower burning powders are going to be your best bet.
I haven't found the Bergers yet either. I think you can put an order in directly to Berger. I saw the phone number mentioned in another thread here. The other day when I was on Midway looking for them, I did see that Nosler is coming out with a 110gn AccuBond for the .270. Probably for the 6.8SPC shooters.
With my Coyote M70 in .270WSM I'm getting .5" and better with 66.0gn of RL22/CCI BR2's/130gn NBT and 61.0gn or IMR4350/CCI BR2's/135gn SMK. Haven't chrono'd any loads yet, but that's coming soon.
Anybody else got any load data for the .270WSM they're willing to share? JohnnyK.

johnnyk, i loaded for my friends 270wsm 1885 single shot it has a 28 inch barrel. w-wcase wlrm primer 75.5 grns magpro 130 speer boatail col.2745 1st three rounds tested muzzle velocity were 3454,3454,3392. another load tried was 66.1 gr.re-22 same bullet primer and case same col. tmv was 3275,3267,3300. for hunting loads i went back to my first load droped down to 75.1 gr. everything else left the same.said friend went out west shot two female antolope two coyotes,and a big 2point mulie that he thought was ahuge 4 point, all one shot drt, came back to wis. and shot a very nice 9 point wt. buck and 2 does. i'm very impressed with the rifle and the270wsm. try magpro men i think its an AWESOME powder period. caution work up to these loads.regards jjmp

jjmp
Wow that Magpro load does have substantial velocity over the RL22 load. It is 13 gns more though. Have never tried Magpro...may have to giver' a shot. Thanks for the info....JohnnyK.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.