270wsm brass

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by cervus, Jun 10, 2012.

1. cervus

cervus Active Member

Have just bought a new 270wsm. Will be looking at buying some new brass shortly. Have done a bit of searching on the net and there seems to be varying opinions as to the different makes of brass Norma, Winchester, Remington.

Interested in any comments from people who load for this calibre and which brand they prefer to use??

2. Outlaw6.0

Outlaw6.0 Well-Known Member

I purchased 270WSM brass for my 6.5WSM build. Although usually tough to find, I was able to pick up 200rounds of Norma brass. I have had mixed results with Norma in the past but, I do still believe it is of higher quality than the other offerings. With proper prep work, most all brass can be made acceptable so don't get hung up on one brand or the other. If you can find Norma, great! If not, you will just have to get out a little more elbow grease :rolleyes:

3. Shortmagman

Shortmagman Well-Known Member

There are a number of threads on this site that discuss this in great detail, however I will tell you what I have experienced. My favorite brass for the 270WSM is Norma. I have loaded and shot Winchester, Remington and Federal but none compare to Norma. The Norma brass is more uniform and it is very long lasting. I have reloaded some more than 10 times without split necks or expanded primer pockets.

4. feelinducky

feelinducky Well-Known Member

I purchased 200 Winchester awhile back and I don't remember exactly how may were bad but it was about 15%, I called Midway supply and they credited me a few $'s. I haven't been able to shoot them much so I can't tell you about longevity.

5. cervus

cervus Active Member

Thanks very much for your input guys. Luckily norma is available locally, you have pretty much confirmed what most others have said with regards to uniformity...